My Grading System

A+ = Masterpiece (I hold back on this one.) / A = Great. / A- = Really Good. / B+ = Good. / B = Decent (Serviceable). / B- = Flawed but okay (For those times there's something redeeming about the work). / C+ = Not very good (Skip it). C = Bad. / C- = Awful. / F = Complete Disaster (I hold back on this one too).

Note on Spoilers: I will try to avoid ruining a story by going into too much detail. But if I wish to include some revealing points to my analysis I will try to remember to add a separate spoiler paragraph.

Monday, October 29, 2012

Tucker and Dale vs Evil (2010)

Another example of Postmodern horror that excels with big laughs and great character acting.  Tucker and Dale (played by the great Alan Tudyk and Tyler Labine) are two hillbillies going into the woods to spend their vacation in their new vacation home.  Then a group of college kids assume they're evil hillbillies (as seen in movies like Deliverance) and a series of bad assumptions lead to a battle of wills.  What a satisfying and rewarding twist.  If you like gory comedy than you're in for a treat.  Grade: B+

Spoiler Alert:  I only had one problem with this film and that is how the film makers open with a reporter and her camera man being killed.  The film makers lead you to believe this is a set up for a sequel by bookending it, but it's a completely unnecessary scene.   

No comments:

Post a Comment