My Grading System

A+ = Masterpiece (I hold back on this one.) / A = Great. / A- = Really Good. / B+ = Good. / B = Decent (Serviceable). / B- = Flawed but okay (For those times there's something redeeming about the work). / C+ = Not very good (Skip it). C = Bad. / C- = Awful. / F = Complete Disaster (I hold back on this one too).

Note on Spoilers: I will try to avoid ruining a story by going into too much detail. But if I wish to include some revealing points to my analysis I will try to remember to add a separate spoiler paragraph.

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

The Innkeepers (2011)

Ti West should stop trying to make horror movies. He’s not very good at it. From this film and his awful The House of the Devil, I can tell he is a decent film maker stuck in the wrong genre. His films look great, the actors in his films act well, and he has a solid professional polish to his storytelling but when it comes to scares he sucks.  His endings suck too.  Not that the rest of this film is that great, but I thought the quirky Claire played by Sara Paxton was a pleasant heroine. Too bad she really lacks any kind of compelling reason for doing what she does.  Grade: C

No comments:

Post a Comment