My Grading System

A+ = Masterpiece (I hold back on this one.) / A = Great. / A- = Really Good. / B+ = Good. / B = Decent (Serviceable). / B- = Flawed but okay (For those times there's something redeeming about the work). / C+ = Not very good (Skip it). C = Bad. / C- = Awful. / F = Complete Disaster (I hold back on this one too).

Note on Spoilers: I will try to avoid ruining a story by going into too much detail. But if I wish to include some revealing points to my analysis I will try to remember to add a separate spoiler paragraph.

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Real Steel (2011)

Rocky with robots. That's right, it's as cool as that sounds.  This is easily Shawn Levy's best film to date and while I could complain about all the sappy tearful eye close ups, I won't because even I was touched by the end of the film.  Hugh Jackman plays an ex-boxer who with his stranger son and a robot found in a junk yard go the distance in the WRB (World Robot Boxing).  Science fiction films like these are great because anyone can enjoy it, because it's about people going through real issues.  This isn't so much about robots is its about a father connecting with his son, a man finding something worth fighting for.  Yes, it's a tad simple but who cares when its this fun.  Grade: A-

No comments:

Post a Comment