My Grading System

A+ = Masterpiece (I hold back on this one.) / A = Great. / A- = Really Good. / B+ = Good. / B = Decent (Serviceable). / B- = Flawed but okay (For those times there's something redeeming about the work). / C+ = Not very good (Skip it). C = Bad. / C- = Awful. / F = Complete Disaster (I hold back on this one too).

Note on Spoilers: I will try to avoid ruining a story by going into too much detail. But if I wish to include some revealing points to my analysis I will try to remember to add a separate spoiler paragraph.

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Our Idiot Brother (2011)

Paul Rudd plays the free-spirited, simply-minded brother to three sisters played by Elizabeth Banks, Zooey Deschanel and Emily Mortimer.   After getting released from prison he hops from one sister to the next, screwing up their lives one innocent mistake after another.  This is your basic fun film, never really hilarious but never dull either.  It entertains probably more than it should mostly because of the cast, who all play off each other really well.   Mr. Rudd proves he's one of the most likable actors out there, transforming before our eyes into a character nothing like others he's played.   The movie might not save the world but it accomplishes its goal in a witty way.  Grade: B+

No comments:

Post a Comment