My Grading System

A+ = Masterpiece (I hold back on this one.) / A = Great. / A- = Really Good. / B+ = Good. / B = Decent (Serviceable). / B- = Flawed but okay (For those times there's something redeeming about the work). / C+ = Not very good (Skip it). C = Bad. / C- = Awful. / F = Complete Disaster (I hold back on this one too).

Note on Spoilers: I will try to avoid ruining a story by going into too much detail. But if I wish to include some revealing points to my analysis I will try to remember to add a separate spoiler paragraph.

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Hell And Back Again (2011)

Nominated for best Feature Documentary this film follows a Marine both before and after he sustained a major injure.  At home his wife and he must cope with his physical changes and then on the battle field we get to see his actions in Afghanistan.  It's an uncompromising look at the military and our forces in the heat of battle.  It doesn't really make any strong statements, it allows the viewer to make his or her own.  This unbiased approach is refreshing.  I can't say I like what we're doing over there but at the same time I hate the Talban more.  If you enjoyed last years Restrepo, than you'll probably like this one.  Grade: A-

No comments:

Post a Comment