My Grading System

A+ = Masterpiece (I hold back on this one.) / A = Great. / A- = Really Good. / B+ = Good. / B = Decent (Serviceable). / B- = Flawed but okay (For those times there's something redeeming about the work). / C+ = Not very good (Skip it). C = Bad. / C- = Awful. / F = Complete Disaster (I hold back on this one too).

Note on Spoilers: I will try to avoid ruining a story by going into too much detail. But if I wish to include some revealing points to my analysis I will try to remember to add a separate spoiler paragraph.

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Her Highness (2011)

Danny McBride, James Franco, Natalie Portman and Zooey Deschanel star in Sword-and-Sorcery Sex Comedy about two Princes (McBrride and Franco) who venture on a quest to save a princess (Deschanel) and hence try and save the kingdom from an evil wizard (Justin Theroux).   Along the way they meet up with a warrior maiden (Portman) on a quest of her own.  Sure it seems like your typical fantasy plot, and it is, but with lots of raunchy, rated-R sex jokes.  The result is mostly positive but there is a lot of dead comic weigh at times.   What probably seemed funny on paper doesn't always work and the comic timing between the actors is a bit off.  Still I laughed and had fun but it's not one of those comedies you want to watch again.  Grade: B.    

No comments:

Post a Comment