My Grading System

A+ = Masterpiece (I hold back on this one.) / A = Great. / A- = Really Good. / B+ = Good. / B = Decent (Serviceable). / B- = Flawed but okay (For those times there's something redeeming about the work). / C+ = Not very good (Skip it). C = Bad. / C- = Awful. / F = Complete Disaster (I hold back on this one too).

Note on Spoilers: I will try to avoid ruining a story by going into too much detail. But if I wish to include some revealing points to my analysis I will try to remember to add a separate spoiler paragraph.

Sunday, January 29, 2012

The Twilight Zone (Season 1)

I just finished watching the first 36 episodes of this classic Rod Sterling TV show and loved almost all of them.  It's impressive when you consider there's only about three or four bad ones and the rest are all entertaining and as rewarding today as I'm sure they were back in the '50s.  Highlights are: Lonely, Time Enough to Last, What You Need, The Last Flight, Mirror Image, World of Difference and A Nice Place To Visit.  It's strange there isn't a Twilight Show like on now but I guess without recurring characters to attract an audience it's understandable.  Yet how fun it would be to have a new set of writers of science fiction, horror, magical realism and fantasy come up with a series of great stories about the 5th dimension, imagination.  Someday I hope it happens.  Until then I have season 2.  Grade: A-    

No comments:

Post a Comment