My Grading System

A+ = Masterpiece (I hold back on this one.) / A = Great. / A- = Really Good. / B+ = Good. / B = Decent (Serviceable). / B- = Flawed but okay (For those times there's something redeeming about the work). / C+ = Not very good (Skip it). C = Bad. / C- = Awful. / F = Complete Disaster (I hold back on this one too).

Note on Spoilers: I will try to avoid ruining a story by going into too much detail. But if I wish to include some revealing points to my analysis I will try to remember to add a separate spoiler paragraph.

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Attack The Block (2011)

Pure fun is what this film is all about.  A glorious science fiction action flick that captures the same vibe films like Predator did in the '80s.  It's the story of a group of hoodlums in a British ghetto, known as the Block, who must defend their neighborhood from aliens from space.  The aliens are these furry teeth glowing ape-like monsters that give the film the right amount of danger to make our heroes battle desperate and thrilling.  The heroes are likable without being too charming and the fact that people die keeps the story believable.  Oh, and it's funny too.  There's really nothing more to say about Joe Cornish's monster film, it's just gruesome, exciting fun.  Grade: A-. 

No comments:

Post a Comment