My Grading System

A+ = Masterpiece (I hold back on this one.) / A = Great. / A- = Really Good. / B+ = Good. / B = Decent (Serviceable). / B- = Flawed but okay (For those times there's something redeeming about the work). / C+ = Not very good (Skip it). C = Bad. / C- = Awful. / F = Complete Disaster (I hold back on this one too).

Note on Spoilers: I will try to avoid ruining a story by going into too much detail. But if I wish to include some revealing points to my analysis I will try to remember to add a separate spoiler paragraph.

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Certified Copy (2011)

If you're interested in a film about two characters talking while they tour San Gimignano and an intellectual exploration of copies and originals both in conversation and in the mysterious absurdity of plot then check this wonderful movie out.  If you want action and an easy to follow, naturalistic story then you'll probably find this one boring and confusing.  The always reliable Juliette Binoche plays a French woman who appears to take out an English writer on a tour of Italian art but through subtle hints and attitude there seems to be more a foot than what appears a causal stroll.  Grade: A-

No comments:

Post a Comment