My Grading System

A+ = Masterpiece (I hold back on this one.) / A = Great. / A- = Really Good. / B+ = Good. / B = Decent (Serviceable). / B- = Flawed but okay (For those times there's something redeeming about the work). / C+ = Not very good (Skip it). C = Bad. / C- = Awful. / F = Complete Disaster (I hold back on this one too).

Note on Spoilers: I will try to avoid ruining a story by going into too much detail. But if I wish to include some revealing points to my analysis I will try to remember to add a separate spoiler paragraph.

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Contagion (2011)

Steven Soderberg's version of Outbreak is an honest dramatization of what would happen if a pandemic hit the United States.  It's a cautionary tale about government bureaucracy and human panic.  Anything can happen and risks need to be taken.  In some ways its comforting that we have organizations that exist to track and contain wild and deadly genetic strands of disease.   But we could always improve our preparations.  The cast is packed of talented actors from Matt Damon, Kate Winslet, Lawrence Fishburn and Gwenth Paltrow to name a few.  This might have been a distraction if they weren't so good at blending in.  Grade: B+

No comments:

Post a Comment