My Grading System

A+ = Masterpiece (I hold back on this one.) / A = Great. / A- = Really Good. / B+ = Good. / B = Decent (Serviceable). / B- = Flawed but okay (For those times there's something redeeming about the work). / C+ = Not very good (Skip it). C = Bad. / C- = Awful. / F = Complete Disaster (I hold back on this one too).

Note on Spoilers: I will try to avoid ruining a story by going into too much detail. But if I wish to include some revealing points to my analysis I will try to remember to add a separate spoiler paragraph.

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

One Day (2011)

For Valentine's Day I watched this love story between Emma (Anne Hathaway) and Dexter (Jim Sturgess), best friends who meet up every June 15th since they graduated college in 1988.   It's not the next When Harry met Sally but it is a good love story.  Obviously they're meant to be together but their personal flaws stand in their way.  Dexter is a social charmer, drinker and entertainer.  Emma dreams of being a writer and is more of the quiet type.  Yet opposites attracted and I was pleasantly pulled into their story.  Anne Hathaway is excellent in this film, holding up the film through all its flaws.  I must admit this one got to me a little and tugged on my heart strings just right.  Grade: B+.

No comments:

Post a Comment