My Grading System

A+ = Masterpiece (I hold back on this one.) / A = Great. / A- = Really Good. / B+ = Good. / B = Decent (Serviceable). / B- = Flawed but okay (For those times there's something redeeming about the work). / C+ = Not very good (Skip it). C = Bad. / C- = Awful. / F = Complete Disaster (I hold back on this one too).

Note on Spoilers: I will try to avoid ruining a story by going into too much detail. But if I wish to include some revealing points to my analysis I will try to remember to add a separate spoiler paragraph.

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Paradise Lost 2: Revelations (1999)

This sequel to the incredible sad film, Paradise Lost: The Child Murders at Robin Hood Hills (I watched only a week before) continues the saga of the West Memphis Three.  They're still in jail, they're still innocent (unless the documentary crew is making stuff up) yet now they have supporters who are on a quest to have them set free.  I already know what happens because I saw a little news story about the third film in this series (now nominated for an Oscar) but I can't wait to see how it all works out.  What's most remarkable about this film is the story of Mark Byers, the father of one of the murder victim.  He's a strange freakish guy with a long list of mental problems.  It amazes me that he lets the film crew shoot him.  He comes across like a crazy man.  Grade: A

No comments:

Post a Comment