My Grading System

A+ = Masterpiece (I hold back on this one.) / A = Great. / A- = Really Good. / B+ = Good. / B = Decent (Serviceable). / B- = Flawed but okay (For those times there's something redeeming about the work). / C+ = Not very good (Skip it). C = Bad. / C- = Awful. / F = Complete Disaster (I hold back on this one too).

Note on Spoilers: I will try to avoid ruining a story by going into too much detail. But if I wish to include some revealing points to my analysis I will try to remember to add a separate spoiler paragraph.

Monday, February 13, 2012

30 Minutes Or Less (2011)

Jesse Eisenberg reunites with director Ruben Fleischer (of Zombieland) to star in a hysterical action comedy about a pizza delivery guy who is forced to rob a bank by two unprofessional criminals led by Danny McBride.  If he doesn't do it the bomb they locked to his body will explode.  It's a great premise and the result is just what anyone attracted to such a premise would want.  Yet the guy who steals the show is Aziz Ansari (of Parks and Recreations) whose unique comic timing and line delivery, playing Jesse's best fiend, makes this film that much more special.  If you like fast-pace action comedy with well-developed characters this is a great film to order.  Grade: B+  

No comments:

Post a Comment