My Grading System

A+ = Masterpiece (I hold back on this one.) / A = Great. / A- = Really Good. / B+ = Good. / B = Decent (Serviceable). / B- = Flawed but okay (For those times there's something redeeming about the work). / C+ = Not very good (Skip it). C = Bad. / C- = Awful. / F = Complete Disaster (I hold back on this one too).

Note on Spoilers: I will try to avoid ruining a story by going into too much detail. But if I wish to include some revealing points to my analysis I will try to remember to add a separate spoiler paragraph.

Friday, February 24, 2012

Rio (2011)

An animated family film about Blue, the last male Blue Macaw, and his human companion, Linda, going to Rio de Janeiro so he can meet the last female Blue Macaw in the world, Jewel.  It's a pretty straight-forward plot and forgettable supporting cast drag down an otherwise enjoyable film.  Blue Sky Animation is one of the better animation houses out there but with many of their shows they lack that extra something to revival Pixar and even Dreamworks of late.   Both love stories work in this film, I just wish the side characters didn't distract and annoy as much as they did.  One of the best elements of this film is the music which helps take us to Carnival.  Grade: B  

No comments:

Post a Comment