My Grading System

A+ = Masterpiece (I hold back on this one.) / A = Great. / A- = Really Good. / B+ = Good. / B = Decent (Serviceable). / B- = Flawed but okay (For those times there's something redeeming about the work). / C+ = Not very good (Skip it). C = Bad. / C- = Awful. / F = Complete Disaster (I hold back on this one too).

Note on Spoilers: I will try to avoid ruining a story by going into too much detail. But if I wish to include some revealing points to my analysis I will try to remember to add a separate spoiler paragraph.

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Paradise Lost: Child Murders of Robin Hood Hill (1996)

When I heard that the third film of this series was nominated for an Oscar I decided to watch the first one to prepare myself.  I was outraged!   I know I can look it up and find out what really happened but I'm choosing not to so the documentaries tell the story.  Basically this documentary follows the court case to convict three teenagers for the murder of three young boys, dumped in a ditch.  I'm sure the film makers tried to remain objective but after awhile it's very clear: there's no evidence.  I know our court system is one of the best in the world but this kind of story makes you cringe and wish for improvements.  Three boys lost their lives and the police arrest three outsiders for no other reason but they're different.  Grade: A-.

No comments:

Post a Comment