My Grading System

A+ = Masterpiece (I hold back on this one.) / A = Great. / A- = Really Good. / B+ = Good. / B = Decent (Serviceable). / B- = Flawed but okay (For those times there's something redeeming about the work). / C+ = Not very good (Skip it). C = Bad. / C- = Awful. / F = Complete Disaster (I hold back on this one too).

Note on Spoilers: I will try to avoid ruining a story by going into too much detail. But if I wish to include some revealing points to my analysis I will try to remember to add a separate spoiler paragraph.

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

The Pirates! Band of Misfits (2012)

From Aardman Studios, the animation house that gave us Wallace and Gromit and Chicken Run, presents a Pirate movie so hilarious and festive it should not be missed.  I loved this film for so many reasons: it's zany and completely insane and has the most lovable cast of wacky characters in an animated film this year.  Captain Pirate has one goal in mind and that is to win Pirate of the Year.  To succeed he will do anything it takes, including dress up as a girl scout and confront the evil Queen Victoria herself.  Based on a book by Gideon Defoe of which I'm going to have to read now.  Grade: A-

No comments:

Post a Comment