My Grading System

A+ = Masterpiece (I hold back on this one.) / A = Great. / A- = Really Good. / B+ = Good. / B = Decent (Serviceable). / B- = Flawed but okay (For those times there's something redeeming about the work). / C+ = Not very good (Skip it). C = Bad. / C- = Awful. / F = Complete Disaster (I hold back on this one too).

Note on Spoilers: I will try to avoid ruining a story by going into too much detail. But if I wish to include some revealing points to my analysis I will try to remember to add a separate spoiler paragraph.

Thursday, January 24, 2013

Star Trek: The Next Generation (Season 4)

It’s another great season for the crew of the Enterprise captained by Jean-Luc Picard.  While it doesn’t quite surpass the third season, it remains in the same caliber of quality.   Data and Worf benefit the most with episodes like Brothers, In Theory and Clues for Data and Reunion and Redemption for Worf.  Deanne is really the only member of the crew who missed out this year; her centerpiece The Loss is a big dud that made her look whiny and not quite herself.   My favorite episodes are Family with Picard visiting his brother in Paris, First Contact where the Enterprise introduces to a world about to discover Warp drive to the Federation, Galaxy Child were Geordi meets the real Dr. Leah Brahams from a previous season, Night Terrors with the crew suffering from sleep deprivation and Remember Me with Dr. Crusher seeming to lose her mind.   Overall this is classic television science fiction with one of the best cast ever assembled.  Grade: A-

No comments:

Post a Comment