My Grading System

A+ = Masterpiece (I hold back on this one.) / A = Great. / A- = Really Good. / B+ = Good. / B = Decent (Serviceable). / B- = Flawed but okay (For those times there's something redeeming about the work). / C+ = Not very good (Skip it). C = Bad. / C- = Awful. / F = Complete Disaster (I hold back on this one too).

Note on Spoilers: I will try to avoid ruining a story by going into too much detail. But if I wish to include some revealing points to my analysis I will try to remember to add a separate spoiler paragraph.

Saturday, January 26, 2013

David Holtzman's Diary (1967)

When this film was made it was an original work of satire as well as a prophetic window into a future where individuals broadcast their daily thoughts on youtube and twitter their every encounter.  Too bad this bold and revolutionary film is so lousy.  It has a few entertaining moments (such as the hero's interview with a nymphomaniac and it's abrupt yet clever ending is fun) but as a whole it's kind of a mind-numbing storyless experiment.  I'm grateful it was only 73 minutes long.  Grade: C 

No comments:

Post a Comment