My Grading System

A+ = Masterpiece (I hold back on this one.) / A = Great. / A- = Really Good. / B+ = Good. / B = Decent (Serviceable). / B- = Flawed but okay (For those times there's something redeeming about the work). / C+ = Not very good (Skip it). C = Bad. / C- = Awful. / F = Complete Disaster (I hold back on this one too).

Note on Spoilers: I will try to avoid ruining a story by going into too much detail. But if I wish to include some revealing points to my analysis I will try to remember to add a separate spoiler paragraph.

Saturday, January 19, 2013

The Invisible War (2012)

This film devastated me.  The irony that we go into other countries and preach women rights only to have the women in our military have to constantly battle against sexual aggression is unbelievable.  I'm boiling mad that our government hasn't done enough to end this problem.  This documentary follows a score of women (and a man) as they tell their horrific stories of rape while serving our country.  The facts presented come from government data and strong research.  Congress has held powerless and pointless hearings.  The courts have denied to get involved.  Why hasn't anyone done enough to change how our Military handles these crimes?  I can only hope (as naive as this sounds) that our President watches this film and gets as angry as I did and does something, anything to help strengthen our military by respecting all those who serve in it.  Grade: A-     

No comments:

Post a Comment