My Grading System

A+ = Masterpiece (I hold back on this one.) / A = Great. / A- = Really Good. / B+ = Good. / B = Decent (Serviceable). / B- = Flawed but okay (For those times there's something redeeming about the work). / C+ = Not very good (Skip it). C = Bad. / C- = Awful. / F = Complete Disaster (I hold back on this one too).

Note on Spoilers: I will try to avoid ruining a story by going into too much detail. But if I wish to include some revealing points to my analysis I will try to remember to add a separate spoiler paragraph.

Friday, January 18, 2013

How To Survive A Plague (2012)

Go back in time to witness the battle to get our government to do something about the AIDS epidemic during the late '80s and '90s.  The story focuses on the founding members of ACT UP and TAG, two organizations that tirelessly protested and pushed the scientific community to find drugs that would prolong their lives.  This emotional journey had me tearing up multiple times.  It's a rewarding film that shows that together we really can accomplish anything.  A well-deserved nominee for the Oscar for Best Documentary this year.  Grade: A

No comments:

Post a Comment