My Grading System

A+ = Masterpiece (I hold back on this one.) / A = Great. / A- = Really Good. / B+ = Good. / B = Decent (Serviceable). / B- = Flawed but okay (For those times there's something redeeming about the work). / C+ = Not very good (Skip it). C = Bad. / C- = Awful. / F = Complete Disaster (I hold back on this one too).

Note on Spoilers: I will try to avoid ruining a story by going into too much detail. But if I wish to include some revealing points to my analysis I will try to remember to add a separate spoiler paragraph.

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Safety Not Guarnteed (2012)

This time-travel movie is not so much about traveling back in time but the emotional desire to change one’s past, to fix that regret. Aubrey Plaza plays an intern working at a Seattle-based magazine who goes on an assignment with a reporter and another intern to investigate a personal ad wanting a partner to go back in time. It’s a funny and heart-felt film with an independent spirit that makes for a memorable entertainment.  First time director Colin Trevorrow explores this quirky story from screenwriter Derek Connelly with a believable effortless drive.  Jeez, another strong love story from one of the best years for love stories.  Grade: A-

No comments:

Post a Comment