My Grading System

A+ = Masterpiece (I hold back on this one.) / A = Great. / A- = Really Good. / B+ = Good. / B = Decent (Serviceable). / B- = Flawed but okay (For those times there's something redeeming about the work). / C+ = Not very good (Skip it). C = Bad. / C- = Awful. / F = Complete Disaster (I hold back on this one too).

Note on Spoilers: I will try to avoid ruining a story by going into too much detail. But if I wish to include some revealing points to my analysis I will try to remember to add a separate spoiler paragraph.

Monday, January 14, 2013

Five Year Engagment (2012)

Jason Segal is becoming one of my favorite writer/actors in Hollywood right now. I loved what he did with Forgetting Sarah Marshall and The Muppets and here he out does himself with the best Romantic Comedy of 2012.  That's right, I said it; the best of a year that has given us so many others, its this one that really touched my heart while at the same time made me laugh.  Emily Blunt is fast becoming one of my favorite actresses and here she is free to flex her comic muscles.  The story starts off as classic as they come, boy meets girl, boy loses girl, but it's what happens after that which is so refreshing.  In fact what I love about this love story is it's truly about two people falling in love, with all the ups and downs a real relationship has, but it's about both of them, not focusing on just the man which most Romantic comedies do.  I highly recommend watching this one.  Grade: A  

No comments:

Post a Comment