My Grading System

A+ = Masterpiece (I hold back on this one.) / A = Great. / A- = Really Good. / B+ = Good. / B = Decent (Serviceable). / B- = Flawed but okay (For those times there's something redeeming about the work). / C+ = Not very good (Skip it). C = Bad. / C- = Awful. / F = Complete Disaster (I hold back on this one too).

Note on Spoilers: I will try to avoid ruining a story by going into too much detail. But if I wish to include some revealing points to my analysis I will try to remember to add a separate spoiler paragraph.

Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Thor: The Dark World (2013)

The first Thor film was a huge surprise. While I wished the love story had been better developed Marvel and director Kenneth Branagh delivered a great set-up to one of comics most beloved heroes. Gone is Branagh with Alan Taylor taking over the directing duties. This is an excellent sequel with better more threatening villains and a love story that finally feels genuine. The special effects are top-notch. They really take you to this new world. Then there’s Tom Hidddleston’s Loki who pretty much owns this film. Chris Hemsworth is good too but he’s really a one-note kind of guy. I can’t wait to see where Marvel plans to take this franchise. Grade: B+

No comments:

Post a Comment