My Grading System

A+ = Masterpiece (I hold back on this one.) / A = Great. / A- = Really Good. / B+ = Good. / B = Decent (Serviceable). / B- = Flawed but okay (For those times there's something redeeming about the work). / C+ = Not very good (Skip it). C = Bad. / C- = Awful. / F = Complete Disaster (I hold back on this one too).

Note on Spoilers: I will try to avoid ruining a story by going into too much detail. But if I wish to include some revealing points to my analysis I will try to remember to add a separate spoiler paragraph.

Monday, November 25, 2013

The Imposter (2012)

I can’t really tell if I liked this film. It’s a documentary that tells the strange story of Frédéric Bourdin. A French con man who succeeds to convince a Texas family that he’s their missing son. In many ways it’s a riveting story but the interviews from the real people mixed in with the recreations kind of annoyed me. It seemed artificial and made me wonder why these people would participate in such a project. While the unbelievable details at the beginning are very entertaining at first the way the story unravels isn’t as interesting. Grade: B

No comments:

Post a Comment