My Grading System

A+ = Masterpiece (I hold back on this one.) / A = Great. / A- = Really Good. / B+ = Good. / B = Decent (Serviceable). / B- = Flawed but okay (For those times there's something redeeming about the work). / C+ = Not very good (Skip it). C = Bad. / C- = Awful. / F = Complete Disaster (I hold back on this one too).

Note on Spoilers: I will try to avoid ruining a story by going into too much detail. But if I wish to include some revealing points to my analysis I will try to remember to add a separate spoiler paragraph.

Saturday, November 9, 2013

Searching for Sugar Man (2012)

Some true stories are so unbelievable and amazing that it shocks me not everyone knows about it. Thankfully the Academy rewarded this documentary with the Best Feature Documentary Oscar so others see it. It tells the crazy story of a musical explosion that happened down in South Africa surrounding the mysterious American musician Sixto Diaz Rodriguez. Years later two fans of the artist attempt to find out how Rodriquez died. I don’t want to say anymore. Just watch this film. It’s a real inspiring story that proves dreams can come true and sometimes in the most odd way. Malik Bendjelloul directs, pretty awesome for a first timer. Grade: A

No comments:

Post a Comment