My Grading System

A+ = Masterpiece (I hold back on this one.) / A = Great. / A- = Really Good. / B+ = Good. / B = Decent (Serviceable). / B- = Flawed but okay (For those times there's something redeeming about the work). / C+ = Not very good (Skip it). C = Bad. / C- = Awful. / F = Complete Disaster (I hold back on this one too).

Note on Spoilers: I will try to avoid ruining a story by going into too much detail. But if I wish to include some revealing points to my analysis I will try to remember to add a separate spoiler paragraph.

Monday, November 4, 2013

Everything Must Go (2010)

Will Farrell can act. Really, he can. This isn’t the first time he proved this fact but if there was any doubt let this wonderful dramedy about a man who sells everything he owns to restart his life reaffirm it. Of course at first it’s not that Will’s character Nick wants to sell his stuff, it’s just that he doesn’t know what to do except sit on his lawn (to the house his soon-to-be ex-wife locked) and drink beers. But soon he befriends a teenager and his neighbor across the street played by Rebecca Hall. Dan rush the director and writer based the film the short story by Raymond Carver called, “Why Don’t You Dance?” Looks like I’m going to have to find my copy of the collection What We Talk About When We Talk About Love? and read it again to see how much he made up and how much he actually used. Grade: A-

No comments:

Post a Comment