My Grading System

A+ = Masterpiece (I hold back on this one.) / A = Great. / A- = Really Good. / B+ = Good. / B = Decent (Serviceable). / B- = Flawed but okay (For those times there's something redeeming about the work). / C+ = Not very good (Skip it). C = Bad. / C- = Awful. / F = Complete Disaster (I hold back on this one too).

Note on Spoilers: I will try to avoid ruining a story by going into too much detail. But if I wish to include some revealing points to my analysis I will try to remember to add a separate spoiler paragraph.

Sunday, November 3, 2013

Jedi Junkies (2010)

I don’t know if I should admit this but while watching this documentary about Super Star Wars fans, the kind of nerds that collect everything and obsess on every detail of the films to the point of absurdity, I was envious. I too am a fan of the Star Wars and if I had had my way as a kid I would have become a master collector as well. I remember dreaming of having a warehouse where I could build massive dioramas recreating my favorite scenes. As a teenager I would have jumped at the chance to learn out to fight with a Lightsaber. (Let’s just say the famous Star Wars Kid and I could have been good friends.) Even today I would love to devote that much time to Star Wars. But I didn’t take that fork in the road. I conformed to society’s norms and found a multitude of other passions to take up my energies. Some might find some of people in this documentary geeky or pathetic but for me they’re heroes. They never gave up and kept the Force strong. Thank god we have people like that in our world. Grade: B+

No comments:

Post a Comment