My Grading System

A+ = Masterpiece (I hold back on this one.) / A = Great. / A- = Really Good. / B+ = Good. / B = Decent (Serviceable). / B- = Flawed but okay (For those times there's something redeeming about the work). / C+ = Not very good (Skip it). C = Bad. / C- = Awful. / F = Complete Disaster (I hold back on this one too).

Note on Spoilers: I will try to avoid ruining a story by going into too much detail. But if I wish to include some revealing points to my analysis I will try to remember to add a separate spoiler paragraph.

Thursday, November 21, 2013

Idiocracy (2006)

This might go down as Mike Judge’s masterpiece. A cautionary joke that seems to be coming true: we are getting dumber as a society. Luke Owen, a modern day Rip Van Winkle, wakes up to discover that he’s the smartest man in the world because everyone else is a moron. Smart and crude at the same time, this is the kind of comedy that will stand the test of time, unless we do get so stupid not to see the humor in it. Grade: A-

No comments:

Post a Comment