My Grading System

A+ = Masterpiece (I hold back on this one.) / A = Great. / A- = Really Good. / B+ = Good. / B = Decent (Serviceable). / B- = Flawed but okay (For those times there's something redeeming about the work). / C+ = Not very good (Skip it). C = Bad. / C- = Awful. / F = Complete Disaster (I hold back on this one too).

Note on Spoilers: I will try to avoid ruining a story by going into too much detail. But if I wish to include some revealing points to my analysis I will try to remember to add a separate spoiler paragraph.

Sunday, November 10, 2013

About Time (2013)

This might end up being my favorite film of the year. Always the hopeless romantic and dreamer of the fantastic, I loved this film about a young man who learns that all the men in his family have the ability to travel through time. Instead of using it to read books like his father did or to gain wealth like most people would, he decides to find love. But it’s not just a story about a man falling in love. It many ways it’s about a man falling in love with life itself and I haven’t left a theater filled up with such joy in a long time. Domhnall Gleeson, Rachel McAdams and Bill Nighy star in a film written and directed Richard Curtis. Why this film isn’t more talked about I will never understand. Maybe some movies were made for just a certain group of people. I’m so happy that I’m one of those this film seems to have been made for. Grade: A

No comments:

Post a Comment