My Grading System

A+ = Masterpiece (I hold back on this one.) / A = Great. / A- = Really Good. / B+ = Good. / B = Decent (Serviceable). / B- = Flawed but okay (For those times there's something redeeming about the work). / C+ = Not very good (Skip it). C = Bad. / C- = Awful. / F = Complete Disaster (I hold back on this one too).

Note on Spoilers: I will try to avoid ruining a story by going into too much detail. But if I wish to include some revealing points to my analysis I will try to remember to add a separate spoiler paragraph.

Thursday, August 23, 2012

The Office (Season 7)

I just finished the seventh season of the Office and was glad to see it continue to find comedic peaks and that the writers found ways to expand the character arcs established before.   Many great laughs and heart-warming moments.  Grade: A-

Spoiler Alert:  It's almost impossible to discuss a television show seven seasons in without spoiling what's happened before.  This season will be remembered mostly as Steve Carrell's last and they did an excellent job sending him off into the sunset.  On top of that, bringing on Will Farrell as his replacement, even if for only two episodes was genius.  I have to say I'm a little bit bummed by the Andy/ Erin love story.  Obviously the writers are trying to avoid copying the Jim/ Pam love story and make something different but it's not really working, even with the annoying Gabe as their obstacle.  It makes me wonder if they're abandoning that love story.  Regardless Ed Helms and Ellie Kemper are becoming essential for the series and I'm hoping with Carrell gone the writers can give these guys more to work with.   Still for seven seasons this show still has life and knowing that they're planning on wrapping up after the ninth season I expect for some even better comedy ahead. 

No comments:

Post a Comment