My Grading System

A+ = Masterpiece (I hold back on this one.) / A = Great. / A- = Really Good. / B+ = Good. / B = Decent (Serviceable). / B- = Flawed but okay (For those times there's something redeeming about the work). / C+ = Not very good (Skip it). C = Bad. / C- = Awful. / F = Complete Disaster (I hold back on this one too).

Note on Spoilers: I will try to avoid ruining a story by going into too much detail. But if I wish to include some revealing points to my analysis I will try to remember to add a separate spoiler paragraph.

Thursday, August 9, 2012

Menage (1986) 8/9

This is a strange little French comedy that's more absurdist art than entertainment. A married couple are at a restaurant in the middle of an argument when suddenly GĂ©rard Depardieu as Bob shows up. He sweeps them both off their feet into a series of house break-ins. Yet Bob isn't interested in wooing the wife, although he does, he's obsessed with the husband whom he expects to be gay. While never predictable and at times funny, I had a hard time really caring that much for any of the characters, which would have made for a more satisfying film. Grade: B

No comments:

Post a Comment