My Grading System

A+ = Masterpiece (I hold back on this one.) / A = Great. / A- = Really Good. / B+ = Good. / B = Decent (Serviceable). / B- = Flawed but okay (For those times there's something redeeming about the work). / C+ = Not very good (Skip it). C = Bad. / C- = Awful. / F = Complete Disaster (I hold back on this one too).

Note on Spoilers: I will try to avoid ruining a story by going into too much detail. But if I wish to include some revealing points to my analysis I will try to remember to add a separate spoiler paragraph.

Sunday, August 26, 2012

Damages (Season 3)

In many ways this third season is the end of the series, as it ties up story lines from previous seasons even as it dives into a new court battle.  Patty Hewes is now going after the Tobin Family, a rich family involved in a Ponzi scheme that robbed thousands of people.  Now Patty and Tom are trying to find where Mr. Tobin hid the money he claims doesn't exist.  Don't worry though Ellen Parsons is still on the show, she just works for the District Attorney now.  Martin Short is a very welcome addition as the Tobin family's most trusted lawyer and I love the bit of time devoted to Ted Danson's vile character Arthur Frobisher from the first season.  Grade: A-

Spoiler Alert:  Wow, they killed Tom.  I couldn't believe it.  His character was one of the driving forces of the series.  He will be missed.  I'm a little annoyed at how the writers keep trying to trick us into believing that Patty is Ellen's real mother.  It might have been a good idea if it was true, but to lead you down the path that it is and then stomp it out is just frustrating.

No comments:

Post a Comment