My Grading System

A+ = Masterpiece (I hold back on this one.) / A = Great. / A- = Really Good. / B+ = Good. / B = Decent (Serviceable). / B- = Flawed but okay (For those times there's something redeeming about the work). / C+ = Not very good (Skip it). C = Bad. / C- = Awful. / F = Complete Disaster (I hold back on this one too).

Note on Spoilers: I will try to avoid ruining a story by going into too much detail. But if I wish to include some revealing points to my analysis I will try to remember to add a separate spoiler paragraph.

Sunday, August 5, 2012

The Intouchables (2012)

This is French feel-good comedy of the year.  I loved this film and expect it to be nominated for Best Foreign Film.  It's funny and dramatic with characters you fall in love with.  What more could you ask for?  Based on the true story of Driss, an unemployed man from the Ghetto, played with great charisma by Omar Sy, who becomes the nurse to a wealthy quadriplegic named Philippe, played by François Cluzet.  As buddy comedies go these two actors have that winning chemistry that every film maker craves.  Watching their friendship grow is inspiring and also quite humorous.   Grade: A-

No comments:

Post a Comment