My Grading System

A+ = Masterpiece (I hold back on this one.) / A = Great. / A- = Really Good. / B+ = Good. / B = Decent (Serviceable). / B- = Flawed but okay (For those times there's something redeeming about the work). / C+ = Not very good (Skip it). C = Bad. / C- = Awful. / F = Complete Disaster (I hold back on this one too).

Note on Spoilers: I will try to avoid ruining a story by going into too much detail. But if I wish to include some revealing points to my analysis I will try to remember to add a separate spoiler paragraph.

Sunday, August 12, 2012

The Little Fugitive (1953)

This little gift of a film is a fable about a boy who runs away because he's tricked into believing he shot his older brother and ends up spending a few days on Coney Island having the greatest time a kid could imagine in the '50s.  Shot on location with an almost documentary realism it's no wonder this film inspired Truffaut's Les quatre cents coups.  Some might find this film too old fashion and simple but I was charmed.  Funny and engaging this is a true family classic.  Grade: A

No comments:

Post a Comment