My Grading System

A+ = Masterpiece (I hold back on this one.) / A = Great. / A- = Really Good. / B+ = Good. / B = Decent (Serviceable). / B- = Flawed but okay (For those times there's something redeeming about the work). / C+ = Not very good (Skip it). C = Bad. / C- = Awful. / F = Complete Disaster (I hold back on this one too).

Note on Spoilers: I will try to avoid ruining a story by going into too much detail. But if I wish to include some revealing points to my analysis I will try to remember to add a separate spoiler paragraph.

Saturday, April 28, 2012

The Wild Parrot of Telegraph Hill (2003)

This simple, low-budget documentary follows Mark Bittner, a soul-searching ex-musician, who connects to a flock of wild Parrots while living on Telegraph Hill in San Francisco.   What starts off as a way to interact with nature turns into a full-time job.  He feeds, cares for them and chronicles their little winged society.  Judy Irving directed and produced the film and the result is an emotionally engaging experience that only life can manufacture. Grade: A

No comments:

Post a Comment