My Grading System

A+ = Masterpiece (I hold back on this one.) / A = Great. / A- = Really Good. / B+ = Good. / B = Decent (Serviceable). / B- = Flawed but okay (For those times there's something redeeming about the work). / C+ = Not very good (Skip it). C = Bad. / C- = Awful. / F = Complete Disaster (I hold back on this one too).

Note on Spoilers: I will try to avoid ruining a story by going into too much detail. But if I wish to include some revealing points to my analysis I will try to remember to add a separate spoiler paragraph.

Friday, April 6, 2012

Top Ten Best Dystopia Films (Commentary)

After watching The Hunger Games I decided it would be fun to think of the best Dystopia films I've seen.  In my research I came across a ton of seemingly excellent films that I haven't seen yet so I considered not doing this list.  But oh well, it's just a list representing my opinion now; it's not set in stone.  (I actually would put The Hunger Games on here but have decided to wait until the rest of the movies of the series come out.)   To narrow down my choices I purposely did not select Utopia/Dystopa films, these are societies that seem successful and efficient but are not, this is why films like Gattaca are not listed.

10. Brazil (1985)
9. Metropolis (1927)
8. Code 46 (2003)
7. Clockwork Orange (1971)
6. The Matrix (1999)
5. Akria (1988)
4. THX 1138 (1971
3. Soylent Green (1973)
2. Children of Men (2006)
1. Mad Max: The Road Warrior (1981)

Honorable Mentions: Waterworld (1995), Robocop (1987), Mad Max Beyond the Thunderdome (1985), and Alphaville (1965)

No comments:

Post a Comment