My Grading System

A+ = Masterpiece (I hold back on this one.) / A = Great. / A- = Really Good. / B+ = Good. / B = Decent (Serviceable). / B- = Flawed but okay (For those times there's something redeeming about the work). / C+ = Not very good (Skip it). C = Bad. / C- = Awful. / F = Complete Disaster (I hold back on this one too).

Note on Spoilers: I will try to avoid ruining a story by going into too much detail. But if I wish to include some revealing points to my analysis I will try to remember to add a separate spoiler paragraph.

Monday, April 2, 2012

Hereafter (2009)

Clint Eastwood's mystical and haunting film that tells three stories: one about a psychic played by Matt Damon who can communicate with loved ones after they die and how he deals with a gift that's pretty much a curse as well, a French reporter who experiences a near-death and how it changes her life and twin brothers living with their drug-addict mother in London.   If a different director was at the helm I don't know if this film would have turned out as beautiful and poignant.   It's just a solid effort with a great beginning and a nice steady climb to a satisfying conclusion.  Grade: A-

No comments:

Post a Comment