My Grading System

A+ = Masterpiece (I hold back on this one.) / A = Great. / A- = Really Good. / B+ = Good. / B = Decent (Serviceable). / B- = Flawed but okay (For those times there's something redeeming about the work). / C+ = Not very good (Skip it). C = Bad. / C- = Awful. / F = Complete Disaster (I hold back on this one too).

Note on Spoilers: I will try to avoid ruining a story by going into too much detail. But if I wish to include some revealing points to my analysis I will try to remember to add a separate spoiler paragraph.

Monday, April 16, 2012

Marwencol (2010)

Art is a powerful reaction to the complexities of life no matter what form it might take.  Here a broken man rediscovers his soul while reinventing himself into a true artist.  After getting beaten up to the inch of his life, Mark Hamcamp turned to his imagination and with the work of GI Joe and Barbie dolls creates another world, a world based on WWII and the world around him.  An inspiring, weird and beauitful movie that celebrates a man, flaws and all, who betters our world by dreaming up a new one.  Grade: A

No comments:

Post a Comment