My Grading System

A+ = Masterpiece (I hold back on this one.) / A = Great. / A- = Really Good. / B+ = Good. / B = Decent (Serviceable). / B- = Flawed but okay (For those times there's something redeeming about the work). / C+ = Not very good (Skip it). C = Bad. / C- = Awful. / F = Complete Disaster (I hold back on this one too).

Note on Spoilers: I will try to avoid ruining a story by going into too much detail. But if I wish to include some revealing points to my analysis I will try to remember to add a separate spoiler paragraph.

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Rubber (2010)

An absurdist experiment directed by Quentin Dupieux (aka Mr. Oizo) tells the story of a tire that becomes a live and starts killing people with its psychic powers.  Such a wacky idea would usually find favor with me, in fact I loved the first thirty minutes of this film so much I wish I would have stopped watching from that point so I could celebrate this odd film as an entertaining masterpiece.  Unfortunately the film fizzles out and what I was left seeing was a underdeveloped story based on a witty and grand idea.  Talk about a lost opportunity.  I will say though, at least the last few minutes ended up on a positive note.   I think if Dupieux needed to developed the characters more instead of expecting the kookiness carry the film.  Grade: C+

No comments:

Post a Comment