My Grading System

A+ = Masterpiece (I hold back on this one.) / A = Great. / A- = Really Good. / B+ = Good. / B = Decent (Serviceable). / B- = Flawed but okay (For those times there's something redeeming about the work). / C+ = Not very good (Skip it). C = Bad. / C- = Awful. / F = Complete Disaster (I hold back on this one too).

Note on Spoilers: I will try to avoid ruining a story by going into too much detail. But if I wish to include some revealing points to my analysis I will try to remember to add a separate spoiler paragraph.

Saturday, April 7, 2012

Dive (2011)

If you've ever gone into any grocery store and scanned all the packages of meat and fresh food they sell and wondered what happened to the stuff they don't sell, watch this documentary and get ready to get mad.  What makes Jeremy Seifert's film so enlightening is that he visually explains the facts he's gathered on food waste in a humorous tone.  But don't mistake this as a "dumpster diving film" because it's about so much more and the diving aspect is just the set-up.  It's certainly a thought-provoking film and made me see what I already kind of knew and that is our supposed "modern" society is horribly inefficient and disrespectful toward our resources.  I'm glad a documentary like this exists to start a dialogue going.  So see this film, it's too important to skip.  Grade: A.

No comments:

Post a Comment