My Grading System

A+ = Masterpiece (I hold back on this one.) / A = Great. / A- = Really Good. / B+ = Good. / B = Decent (Serviceable). / B- = Flawed but okay (For those times there's something redeeming about the work). / C+ = Not very good (Skip it). C = Bad. / C- = Awful. / F = Complete Disaster (I hold back on this one too).

Note on Spoilers: I will try to avoid ruining a story by going into too much detail. But if I wish to include some revealing points to my analysis I will try to remember to add a separate spoiler paragraph.

Saturday, April 14, 2012

Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins (Novel)

This sequel to the Hunger Games is an exciting continuation of the struggle of Katniss to live an independent life in a harsh world where the Capitol selects citizens of eleven districts to fight it out in an annual fight-to-the-death competition.  Here she's the winner and she becomes a sensation and symbol of a growing rebellion to crush the Capitol.   But the Capitol has some surprises and Katniss is going to be challenged like never before and she must choose her life or the life of the young man that loves her.  What a terrific book that improves upon the original but maintaining the suspenseful spirit.  Grade: A-

No comments:

Post a Comment