My Grading System

A+ = Masterpiece (I hold back on this one.) / A = Great. / A- = Really Good. / B+ = Good. / B = Decent (Serviceable). / B- = Flawed but okay (For those times there's something redeeming about the work). / C+ = Not very good (Skip it). C = Bad. / C- = Awful. / F = Complete Disaster (I hold back on this one too).

Note on Spoilers: I will try to avoid ruining a story by going into too much detail. But if I wish to include some revealing points to my analysis I will try to remember to add a separate spoiler paragraph.

Monday, February 18, 2013

Salesman (1964)

A cinéma vérité documentary that follows four Bible salesmen in the '60s.  Think a door-to-door version of Glengarry Glen Ross without the swear words.  Film makers Albert and David Maysles, and Charlotte Zwerin make sure to keep it simple and let their subjects tell their tale without bias or preconceived themes.  These guys are real honest hard working salesmen pressured to make a living peddling a religious product that no one really needs.  I found it an engrossing character driven film with many memorable scenes.  Grade: A-

No comments:

Post a Comment