My Grading System

A+ = Masterpiece (I hold back on this one.) / A = Great. / A- = Really Good. / B+ = Good. / B = Decent (Serviceable). / B- = Flawed but okay (For those times there's something redeeming about the work). / C+ = Not very good (Skip it). C = Bad. / C- = Awful. / F = Complete Disaster (I hold back on this one too).

Note on Spoilers: I will try to avoid ruining a story by going into too much detail. But if I wish to include some revealing points to my analysis I will try to remember to add a separate spoiler paragraph.

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Extract (2009)

Jason Bateman is the perfect average joe for the comedy world.   He’s got that charming almost straight man aspect that just works.   And Mike Judd uses Bateman’s talents really well as the owner of an extract company who lusts after a con-artist co-worker in GIRL when his marriage with GIRL goes cold in the bedroom.   Like Office Space, there are a lot of odd ball dolts and unexpected turns that make this a decent one to watch on a Friday night.   It’s never laugh out loud good, but in some ways that doesn’t hurt this film.  Grade: B+

No comments:

Post a Comment