My Grading System

A+ = Masterpiece (I hold back on this one.) / A = Great. / A- = Really Good. / B+ = Good. / B = Decent (Serviceable). / B- = Flawed but okay (For those times there's something redeeming about the work). / C+ = Not very good (Skip it). C = Bad. / C- = Awful. / F = Complete Disaster (I hold back on this one too).

Note on Spoilers: I will try to avoid ruining a story by going into too much detail. But if I wish to include some revealing points to my analysis I will try to remember to add a separate spoiler paragraph.

Thursday, February 7, 2013

Red Lights (2012)

In a world that seems the opposite of ours in that psychics are believed and scientists are rebuffed, a University Professor and her assistant are on a mission to debunk those who claim to have paranormal powers. Yet they’re about to face their biggest challenge, a famous psychic named Simon Silver who might be the real deal. Rodrigo Cortes writes and directs. The first half of this thriller is quite good and I was curious why it went direct to video. Until the second half where things unravel a bit with a love story that goes nowhere and an ending which just doesn’t seem good enough. Sigourey Weaver is to me the shining star of this production and while Cillian Murphy does a decent job he just can’t take over the momentum. Still I wouldn’t say you should skip it. Even if flawed it’s an entertaining story. Grade: B

No comments:

Post a Comment