My Grading System

A+ = Masterpiece (I hold back on this one.) / A = Great. / A- = Really Good. / B+ = Good. / B = Decent (Serviceable). / B- = Flawed but okay (For those times there's something redeeming about the work). / C+ = Not very good (Skip it). C = Bad. / C- = Awful. / F = Complete Disaster (I hold back on this one too).

Note on Spoilers: I will try to avoid ruining a story by going into too much detail. But if I wish to include some revealing points to my analysis I will try to remember to add a separate spoiler paragraph.

Sunday, February 17, 2013

Loves of a Blonde (1965)

While not director Milos Foreman's first film it's the one to propel him into the limelight.  It starts off as a comedy about soldiers, mostly married, being sent to a factory town of mostly women as a way to raise spirits.  One of these factory workers named Andula (the blonde) falls under the seduction spell of a musician come to play for the evening festivities.  The second half follows Andula as she leaves to visit her seducer, the musician at his home, where she runs into two very confused and hilariously worried parents.  Funny, charming and as entertaining today as any current film, I can only hope more people discover this wonderful small but unforgettable gem.  Grade: A

No comments:

Post a Comment