My Grading System

A+ = Masterpiece (I hold back on this one.) / A = Great. / A- = Really Good. / B+ = Good. / B = Decent (Serviceable). / B- = Flawed but okay (For those times there's something redeeming about the work). / C+ = Not very good (Skip it). C = Bad. / C- = Awful. / F = Complete Disaster (I hold back on this one too).

Note on Spoilers: I will try to avoid ruining a story by going into too much detail. But if I wish to include some revealing points to my analysis I will try to remember to add a separate spoiler paragraph.

Saturday, February 2, 2013

Handle with Care aka Citizen's Band (1977)

Before going on to direct such classics as Melvin and Howard and Silence of the Lambs, director Jonathan Demme made this low-budge comedy dealing with the CB radio culture.  It's a charming mix of stories from the central character named Spider trying to rid the world of those who abuse the Citizen's Band to trucker Chrome Angel being confronted by his two wives who just found out they were married to the same man,   This film really goes all over the place.  It's silly one moment and then dramatic the next.  Yet somehow it all works and turns out to be an enjoyable glimpse of a world before cell phones and the Internet.  Grade: B+ 

No comments:

Post a Comment