My Grading System

A+ = Masterpiece (I hold back on this one.) / A = Great. / A- = Really Good. / B+ = Good. / B = Decent (Serviceable). / B- = Flawed but okay (For those times there's something redeeming about the work). / C+ = Not very good (Skip it). C = Bad. / C- = Awful. / F = Complete Disaster (I hold back on this one too).

Note on Spoilers: I will try to avoid ruining a story by going into too much detail. But if I wish to include some revealing points to my analysis I will try to remember to add a separate spoiler paragraph.

Monday, February 11, 2013

Heartland (1979)

Rip Thorn wasn’t just Garry Shandling’s sidekick on HBO’s sitcom The Larry Sanders Show.   Here he proves to be a gifted actor with a soulful ability to take us back in time with just his voice alone.  Conchata Ferrell stars as a woman pioneer that goes west with her daughter to be a farmer’s housekeeper.   Yet their relationship soon grows into a partnership that is beautiful and purely enduring to behold.   Cold and stark as the plains these characters endure, director Richard Pearce crafts a timeless classic that unfortunately no one knows about.   Watch this pioneer drama if only to brag to people of the great work of art you just discovered.  

No comments:

Post a Comment