My Grading System

A+ = Masterpiece (I hold back on this one.) / A = Great. / A- = Really Good. / B+ = Good. / B = Decent (Serviceable). / B- = Flawed but okay (For those times there's something redeeming about the work). / C+ = Not very good (Skip it). C = Bad. / C- = Awful. / F = Complete Disaster (I hold back on this one too).

Note on Spoilers: I will try to avoid ruining a story by going into too much detail. But if I wish to include some revealing points to my analysis I will try to remember to add a separate spoiler paragraph.

Saturday, February 9, 2013

Once Upon A Time (Season 1)

This fantasy television show quickly became a new favorite of mine.  It didn't start off that way; the first couple episodes, while entertaining, looked pretty cheesy.  Then as the season rolled along the production values got somewhat better or I stopped caring since I was enjoying the show so much.  The concept is basically the Evil Queen from Snow White casts a curse on the people of the magical world of fairy tales sending them to our world to be imprisoned without memory of their origins to live mundane lives without their happily-ever-afters.   Yet Snow White and Prince Charming were able to send their only child, Emma, to our world and now grown up with a son of her own named Henry (who happens to be the Evil Queen's adoptive son, she is the only one who can break the curse.  Of course convincing her this truth is going to take twenty some episodes.  The only real annoying aspect of the show is that Henry is horrible at proving to Emma that the curse exists.  Why not challenge his mom to take someone out of the town's limits, something that is impossible.   I love how the writer's blend all the stories together, especially the Rumpelstiltskin and Beauty and the Beast mash-up.  I can't wait to see what will happen in the next season; from what I hear this show only gets better.  Grade: B+

No comments:

Post a Comment