My Grading System

A+ = Masterpiece (I hold back on this one.) / A = Great. / A- = Really Good. / B+ = Good. / B = Decent (Serviceable). / B- = Flawed but okay (For those times there's something redeeming about the work). / C+ = Not very good (Skip it). C = Bad. / C- = Awful. / F = Complete Disaster (I hold back on this one too).

Note on Spoilers: I will try to avoid ruining a story by going into too much detail. But if I wish to include some revealing points to my analysis I will try to remember to add a separate spoiler paragraph.

Saturday, November 26, 2011

Win, Win (2011)

Paul Giamatti is rarely in bad form and has the golden touch selecting films to work on.  This is going up there on the top of my list as one of the best of the year.  It's such a well-written film, so complete and rich with developed characters, I'm rooting for it to make an appearance on Oscar night.  Small town lawyer and high school wrestling coach, Mike Flaherty, needs more money.  He takes responsibility as a guardian for one of his older clients to collect $1,500 a month only ending up caring for the man's grandson too, a kid that just so happens to be one of the top high school wrestlers in the nation.  I hate to over praise a film but I don't see how anyone could dislike this story.  Watch it and see for yourself.  Grade: A.

No comments:

Post a Comment