My Grading System

A+ = Masterpiece (I hold back on this one.) / A = Great. / A- = Really Good. / B+ = Good. / B = Decent (Serviceable). / B- = Flawed but okay (For those times there's something redeeming about the work). / C+ = Not very good (Skip it). C = Bad. / C- = Awful. / F = Complete Disaster (I hold back on this one too).

Note on Spoilers: I will try to avoid ruining a story by going into too much detail. But if I wish to include some revealing points to my analysis I will try to remember to add a separate spoiler paragraph.

Monday, November 14, 2011

Buffy The Vampire Slayer (Season 3) - Series Review

This is a perfect conclusion to the high school years for Buffy and friends.  Bring in the best villain of the series with Mayor Wilkins played with menacing charm by Harry Groener and add the dark Vampire Slayer in Faith played by Eliza Dushku and you have a recipe for one of the best seasons of the show.  You'd think this wouldn't work since they are also setting up the exit of two main characters in Angel and Cordelia.  But the tension between Buffy and Faith coupled with great writing make this a fun fest for the ages.  A+.

Spoilers: Episodes that stand out are . . . oh, I don't know, all of them.  The Wish was my favorite, introducing Anya and then the follow-up with The Doppelgangland.   Lovers Walk with Spike is a solid episode too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment